Wednesday, January 17, 2018

The Onion Burn





As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.

I never shared this before and as far as I know this is a medical galactic exclusive.


When I was cooking supper one afternoon, waiting for Mom to get home from work, I burned myself pretty bad on a hot pan. As of course we had nothing for burns, and the old cure of lard was frowned upon, for some reason the Holy Ghost said, "Cut an onion and put that on there".

Doing something, instead of sitting there hurting seemed like an idea to progress on, so I sliced a wedge off a fresh onion and put it on. It tingled and burned, but so did the burn. I left it on for about 15 minutes, and did not feel too bad afterwards.

What happened was a miracle, I concluded, as it got better. It looked like I had been branded as the skin was dead, and eventually pealed off, but as this was a first degree burn, it was not down in the meat.

Of course on Christmas eve I got burned again, and I know the source. I was hurrying on the last rosette and picked it up, it had hot oil in it, and it leaked out on my little finger and it hurt.

I had to finish up, do dishes and things, and it still was hurting, so I sliced another onion after about 20 minutes, put it on for about 10 minutes, and the pain was gone.
This time I put some Neutragena on it.

It was a blister the next day, but it did not hurt, and it is just dead skin on top of it now 4 days later.

I am not making any medical claims about this, but this worked for me in skin burns. I have no idea what is in this, if it is the sulfur or what, but this has worked for me a few times when I was stupid enough to be burned.

I have used white onions and the last time a red onion, so it must be of the genus in they all must work.

As no one knows when the world will meltdown, this is just something to keep in mind. I imagine now that it has appeared here, someone will steal this idea, start rendering whatever it is in onions for people with burns, put it on them, and make a fortune off of it and cut me out of the profits again.

Nuff Said


agtG











agtG